- Health & Safety in the Work Shop.
- Hand Tools (Rule, Tri Square, Marking Knife, Marking Gauge, Tenon saw, Paring Chisel, Mallet, Pin Hammer).
- Power Tools (Drill, Glue Gun, Wood Burner).
- Machines (Scroll Saw, Band Saw, Pillar Drill, Morticer, Strip Heater).
- Materials (Softwoods, Hardwoods, Manufactured Boards, Plastics, Metals, Glues, Pins, Screws, Paints and Varnishes).
- Jointing Methods.
- Workbook Exercises.
Students will make a range of small projects which will incorporate the use of the various tools, machines, materials and jointing techniques available to them.