The Junk Kouture regional finals were held in The Helix in Dublin on Thursday 8th March. This year seven dresses from Carndonagh Community School were selected to participate in the regional final.
• Shattered and Broken- Jade Doherty, Caoimhe Doherty and Niamh McGonagle
• Erebus- Niamh McGeoghan and Natasha Devlin
• Electus- Amy Kirkland, Chelsea Doherty and Natasha Kirby
• Inter Twine- Deirdre Brennan and Cliona McNeill
• Icarus- Temika Mularkey, Hannah Toland and Sophie Farren
• Cupcake Glory- Alysia Loftus, Caitlin McKinney, Stephanie McDaid
• El Charmant- Darragh McLaughlin
It was an early start, departing from the school at 7am for the regional final in Dublin. But it was worth it! The seven pupils who modelled their designs on the catwalk were so professional and really impressed the judges, not to mention the large crowds in the audience. We were absolutely delighted when the finalists were announced to hear that three of our dresses had made it through to the Junk Kouture final. Congratulations to the students from Electus, Inter Twine and Icarus who successfully made it through to the final. On Monday 12th March the Junk Kouture team visited the School and to our surprise a fourth dress, Erebus has been selected by Junk Kouture as their wildcard to participate in the Grand Final. Well done all the students, Miss McGee and the Art Department for their hard work and dedication over the past few months designing and making the dresses and preparing for the live shows. Such a massive achievement for one school to have four dresses in the final. Best wishes to the four teams participating in the Junk Kouture final in the 3 Arena in Dublin on Wednesday 19th April.