Free Apps & Resources to Support Mental Health
The link below offers a collection of free apps and resources on mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). They are mostly aimed at managing anxiety.
Support for Parents and Guardians from Jigsaw
Parents and guardians are experiencing significant challenges in this current situation, many having to work from home while at the same time juggling childcare and having to ensure that children and young people are doing their bit to adhere to the HSE’s social distancing and hand hygiene guidelines.
Many are being ‘teacher’ as well as ‘parent’, supporting their teenagers to complete school work and trying to maintain the routine of family life. For some of them, their child / young person may be experiencing distress or anxiety at this time.
www.jigsawonline.ie/parents-and-guardians/ is supporting parents and guardians by providing:
- Live webinars – where parents can engage in live group chats to share their experiences and get support from a Jigsaw clinician
- Peer-to-peer content – videos hearing from other parents about their strategies for coping
- Online courses available for download on the topics of mental health awareness for parents and self-care for parent
Support for Pupils from Jigsaw
All young people across the country are impacted by the current COVID-19 situation; we know that many are experiencing anxiety and fear and all are experiencing social isolation as a result of school and workplace closures and social distancing measures.
www.jigsaw.ie provides a space where young people can access mental health information, advice and support to help them to deal with the current situation.
As well as the usual information provided by jigsawonline.ie in relation to mental health, all young people can find the following on www.jigsawonline.ie/young%20people/
- Free inbound telephone-based mental health supports delivered through a 1800 freephone number targeting all young people, including those awaiting a first appointment forJigsaw’s face-to-face service
- Regular supportive content on a range of COVID-19 related topics such as anxiety, conflict resolution, relationships, uncertainty and more aiming at offering support and developing self-care strategies for young people through features such as peer-to-peer content, regular vlogs and audiograms from Jigsaw clinicians
- Twice daily live group chats –scheduled, regular and anonymous online group messaging feature facilitated by Jigsaw clinicians, where young people can share their current experience of COVID-19and get support from others
- Insta Livepieces - Jigsaw clinician developed content directly published on Instagram (approx. 365,200 users aged 13-24)